I'll start with next year.
January 11th meeting:
- Dorothy Fu is the guest speaker and the following day , January 12th she will hold a workshop “Art Quilt: Cardinal” (picture posted below). Vendor is “My Stash
- The workshop will be held at the Church, 9 am to 4 pm. Cost $ 40 plus $ 10 in materials. Bring your own lunch.
- The notion of the month is "A Cup of Warmth" to be donated to the Men's Mission ( i.e. cup of soup, hot chocolate or a $5.00 Tim Hortons card)
- don't forget to bring your name tag and Chatelaine.
|Dorothy Fu's workshop: Art Quilt, Cardinal|
- February 10, Pat Ferry who is a member is the guest speaker. She works at both Krafty Kennedys and Fabricland.
- Reminder for the Rummage Sale: bring items labelled to sell. Any unsold items must be reclaimed by their owner and taken home.
- Hint for February meeting: gather red and white fabric to create a 6 1/2" block. I'll send out another post with a little more information on the design of the blog just in case you haven't guessed. There will be a draw and the winner will get to take home the blocks. 💟
- February 17 Quilt In Day from 9 am to 4 pm. Lorna Martin will present her special techniques.
- Vanessa Cullen from Meals on Wheels spoke to the membership. This is the Guild’s 8th year of participating in this initiative and this year we donated 110 placemats. 👌 The impact to clients is significant and on Christmas Day the clients receive a turkey dinner, at no charge, along with four placemats, crafts from Brownie troops, treats from London Hydro, dog/cat treats, as appropriate, quilts, gift baskets, etc. There are approximately 2,000 clients and 121,000 meals provided. Transportation services to escort clients to medical appointments are provided by volunteer drivers.
- Overwhelmed with 13 quilts quilted and bound were turned in.
- On the Sewing Day in November, Toni Smith completed four tops. Three went home to be bound, leaving one.
- There are two kits for tops to be put together.
- Reminder of the incentive to quilt and bind quilts A draw ticket for every quilt bound or quilted is awarded. The prize is yet to be decided.
- Reminder for February Community Outreach Sewing Day. If members are doing their own quilts for Community Outreach, okay to bring those to work on.
- Cindy commented on the generosity of the Guild members. Four large bags are full of winter apparel will be donated to My Sisters’ Place. 👭
|Lorraine: Snowman hanging|
|Lorraine: Hand Painted material from East Africa|
|Penny: a wall hanging for Gradson's teacher that just had twins|
|Beth: a pillow made from some extra blocks from a quilt|
|Rose: a Christmas wreath with snowflake buttons|
|Rose: a carry bag with Van Gogh panels.|
|Tony: King sized Dinosaur quilt with 3/4 inch blocks in the design part.|
|Rhonda: King size quilt|
|Pat: Blue and peach chevrons|
|Kim: Wavy table runner.|
|Sharon G: Snakes and Ladders quilt|